Saturday, October 3, 2009

Walker - Walks out of the Shelter..



I got the call from the shelter this afternoon that someone had seen the video on Walker and was interested in him. I got on my bike and headed to the shelter to meet Steve... A really nice guy who has been thinking about a dog for the past year and finally decided to take the plunge after seeing the video. Steve and I chatted and he was more than happy to get Walker into his life. He said he will rename Walker - Joaquin.... Since he lives in East LA :)

There are many people to thank... The great staff at the West LAAS Shelter, Charla, Debbie, Fred, Capt and all the others.. There is Fiona who forwarded the video to Steve and most of all, STEVE for Joining the Revolution... and giving a chance to someone who had no one... I know they'll be best friends.. Walker did develop a bit of Demodex from the stress of the shelter and the isolation he was under. I am filled with joy in knowing that we won a battle for this super sweet guy who was wrongly accused of something and almost was killed for it. I love to win, and I love it when I win a battle for someone who could not fight for themselves.

Giving a voice to animals, fighting for those who can't fight... Join the Revolution...

Robert Cabral

No comments: