Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Winner of the Sharpei Lotto is....

There are times when you have a warm feeling inside after a rescue.  I got that feeling when I placed Zeus, because he did go to a wonderful home and a really great family.  Well, I was able to get that feeling again this last week when I placed Wrinkles (now SusieQ) to Kathy at Merlins Hope.  I've sent other little ones there before and each and every time I say this.  There is no better rescue than Kathy.  She is the most caring, compassionate and understanding dog owner I know.  Speaking as a dog trainer / behaviorist Kathy is unmatched.  I NEVER worry about her ability to handle a dog...  the way the dog needs to be handled.  I don't think  I can say that about many other people that I know.

Kathy knew that Susie Q was dear to my heart and emailed me early one morning announcing her decision.  I had tears in my eyes because I knew that Susie Q had hit the LOTTO.  I immediately began preparations for her journey to the Great White North.  And, within 2 days Susie Q arrived at her home.  The best part is that there are never any questions.  I've already received several updates including pictures and stories of how Susie Q is fitting in, which as I would expect is very well.  

One of the best things about doing rescue is the wonderful people you meet... and Kathy of Merlins Hope is one of those people.

No comments: